Subscribe

Chinese Democracy

Posted by Garth on Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stumbled across information today that the new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, has been leaked onto the 'net. Or at least 9 tracks anyway. Listening to it now, and I'm not really sure what to think. Guns N' Roses is now basically Axl, as all of the other Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion members have parted ways from the band. It sounds kinda raw, which could be because it's a leak and not official releases, but I mean raw in a more amateurish way. Axl's voice is unmistakable, and his range is still amazing. But so far I'm unimpressed with the actual musical quality. To me, GNR was Axl and Slash. The rest of them were gravy. But now it's just Axl. I haven't heard any sort of great instrumental action like Slash used to perform. So maybe I'm biased and can't get over the fact that this isn't the GNR that I grew up on. Or maybe it's just inferior. Either way I'm gonna listen to it a few more times and try to keep an open mind.

If anyone's interested in acquiring these tracks, just search some torrent sites.

Also interesting is that apparently Dr. Pepper is going to give everyone in America (except former guitarists Slash and Buckethead) a free soda if GNR releases Chinese Democracy anytime in 2008. - http://gunsnroses.us/news/article.php3?id_article=171



UPDATE: Ok, I quite like There Was A Time, and The Blues is pretty good too. Still gonna give the album a few more listens to, but it does seem like it's got potential.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)