Subscribe

Coconut Curry

Posted by Garth on Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've had the red curry with pork here, and I gotta say it's super spicy. I can eat it (a small portion anyway), but I'm burning (no pun intended) through the napkins as I turn into a puddle of sweat. And that's the red curry. I'm quite afraid of the green. So tonight when I went to a restaurant craving a little curry I was concerned that they only had green on the menu. But they also had one I hadn't heard of before, coconut curry. Thinking that this would be a nice, mild curry nowhere in the realm of green or even red, I decided to give it a go. Specifically I had coconut curry with chicken, potatoes and veggies. The curry sauce was awesome! It was probably as spicy as red, but it also had a strong peanut flavor to it, à la satay sauce. I could only eat about half of it since the portion was huge and I was again sweating my ass off, but I was very disappointed to leave any behind. Anyway, this stuff is the shit, and I'll definitely be eating it again.

I'd also like to add that Thai curry is nothing like Indian curry. I really don't like Indian curry, but Thai curry is fantastic. I dunno what the difference in preparation or ingredients is, but I'm sure glad the Thais have it down.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)