Subscribe

Internet Outage

Posted by Garth on Saturday, June 14, 2008

There was a power outage the other night here and the internet at Dos Gringos died. Wireless was still working but I couldn't get off the local subnet. Talked to the manager a couple times and they did some things, but it never came back. Yesterday I hopped on to a neighboring signal, which was weak and slow, but at least it gave me connectivity. Used it all day, just hoping the 'net here would come back but it never did. Finally today my next door neighbor Santino said to me that I gotta do something about it cuz he needed his Vonage working. So I traced the cable from my local access point down the stairs to the DSL gateway... and turned it on. Mad tech skillz to the rescue!

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)