Subscribe

I Love My Tablet PC

Posted by Garth on Thursday, May 29, 2008

I need to get into a better mindset than I was in the previous post, so I figure I'll regale what I believe to be the most awesome usage of a tablet PC ever.

Got the offer on my condo. It was emailed to my realtor as a PDF. She forwarded it to me. I printed the PDF to Windows Journal, the built-in uber tablet application. Lets you do annotations and write wherever you want, and it shows up as a printer object so you can "print" to it from any application. So anyway, I get the 8 page offer in Windows Journal, do all my changes, signatures, initials, etc. right onscreen, re-print to PDF and re-send to my realtor. So all that paper crap that's normally involved with this sorta thing was totally unnecessary, as was faxing and/or printing. Dealt with the offer 100% electronically. No paper involved. As I've been quoted saying before, paper should only be used in the bathroom (or "toilet" as they say here).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the condo offer!! Your 4hr work week isn't so far away.

ps: Tablets are for salesmen and people that like Macs. No self respecting programmer uses a tablet.

Garth said...

Good thing I'm not a programmer. I'm a vagabond. Programming sounds like work.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)