Subscribe

Windows Vista, How Do I Love Thee

Posted by Garth on Saturday, July 7, 2007

I don't. At all. I really need to tag all these posts at some point so that I can just keep a list of unresolved, stupid Vista issues. And yes, even though this is a Firefox issue, I blame Vista. Maybe I'm wrong in doing so, but I doubt it.

What's the latest you might ask? Well, lately Firefox has just been blanking out on me. I mean, I have a dozen tabs open, then all of a sudden they all disappear and the current page just blanks out and becomes the Firefox grey background. And becomes totally unresponsive. The only thing I can do is to close it. But when I open it again it doesn't ask me if I want to restore my session. So I lose all the tabs I had open. They're in my history, but it's still a PITA.

And that stupid keyboard flipping issue described here keeps happening. Typing along merrily and all of a sudden French characters start appearing everywhere. Close the app, relaunch it, back to English.

Alright, post tagged "VISTA", except in hex, cuz that's how DOS would do it :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried not closing Firefox, but killing it from the Task Manager? (Do they still have that in Vista... I have neglected to upgrade.)

That *should* make Firefox offer to restore your 'dead' session.

Unknown said...

Another Vista note... this made me laugh my ass off...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyLqUf4cdwc

Garth said...

That video is pretty painful for the first 5 mins... but like a car wreck that you can't look away from. After that it's just funny... mostly cuz the guy keeps trying.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)