Subscribe

Tragic

Posted by Garth on Friday, July 27, 2007

...is such a non-committal word. You can use it when you're legitimately upset about something - "OMG! Your dog died?! That's tragic!"... or when you don't really care - "wow. your dog died. tragic." In fact, I can actually hear my sister using it in the latter context, likely in reference to me hurting myself as a youngster - "oh. you skinned your knee. tragic." (ok, I made that up, but I really can hear her using it in that context).

I love you Gillian :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The amazing thing about that is, you would actually have heard sympathy in that comment-at that time!

Anonymous said...

When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards
and examine ourselves.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)