Subscribe

Chuck Norris

Posted by Garth on Friday, July 27, 2007

...has been an internet phenomenon for years now. YEARS. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read this. At any rate, I just saw a Mountain Dew commercial which totally capitalized upon his internet fame. Good job, Mountain Dew. It actually makes me wonder what started the whole Chuck Norris rebirth, and how much Mountain Dew paid him for this ad, given his less than current status (aside from the internet crowd, obviously). Was it all viral marketing on Mountain Dew's part, started 5 years ago with a long-term vision? I seriously doubt it, but if so, Mountain Dew - you ROCK!

Either way, I just blogged about Chuck Norris and Mountain Dew (and neither of them paid me), so their ad worked. They got publicity (albeit weak publicity and on the internet in which they already had a pretty receptive audience). So good job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record--Chuck Norris made his famous debut starring as Walker, Texas Ranger. THAT is his credential to do anything he wants--and get paid for it. Garth, your 1st picture on Facebook vaguely resembles Chuck Norris-check it out!

Garth said...

That's funny... someone else said that pic looked like Chuck Norris too. I don't get it.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)