Subscribe

The NEW A-Team

Posted by Garth on Sunday, October 25, 2009



Well, the cast has been, uh, cast... for the new A-Team movie, and here are my thoughts (being the die-hard A-Team fan that I am both from my youth and during a revisiting of the series a couple years ago on late-night TV).

Hmm... this Brad Cooper dude has a good Faceman look to him, but the only things I've seen him in are Wet Hot American Summer and Wedding Crashers, and I don't remember him from either.  He's no Templeton Peck.  Check that, just realized he's the guy from The Hangover... ok, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Rampage Jackson... MMA fighter... shouldn't do too bad as BA, since Mr. T couldn't act anyway.  He's just gotta act like a tough guy, and I'd rather see an MMA fighter doing that than Ice T or Cube or whatever ghey rapper they were thinking previously.

Neeson should do good.  I've always liked him.

Then there's this Murdock guy... Sharlto Copley?  Who the fuck is this?  He doesn't even have a picture on IMDB, and this will be his 3rd movie ever.  That's weak.  When I was a kid I hated Murdock as he detracted from "the action", but in growing up and rewatching the A-Team, I realized that the show would have been a steaming pile of feces without Murdock, and specifically Dwight Schultz (who, incidentally, doesn't have a picture on IMDB either - what's up with that?).

Summary: Highly dependent on this Copley dude.  If he can bring H. M. Murdock to the big screen properly, it shows signs of success.  Wish I'd seen him in something so that I could be a little less (or possibly more) judgmental.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharlto Copley is the star of District 9. Apparently you're the only person in the world who hasn't seen that movie yet?

Garth said...

Actually I have seen District 9, and did see it listed under his movies on IMDB. I was just hoping it WASN'T the star and was just some bit actor, as the star wasn't really funny (read: At All). I realize that the role didn't call for humor, but I hope he can put his game face on for Murdock.

I still stand by my original assessment that he's gonna be the one that makes or breaks this movie (well, that and the writing/directing... thank god it's not Bay again)

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)