Subscribe

Conjunctivitis

Posted by Garth on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

AKA Pink Eye.  I got it.  Went back to do a little more volunteer computer work on Monday, and it felt like there was a piece of dust in my eye all day, but by the end of the day it was watering so I figured that'd take care of it.  Woke up Tuesday morning with my eye glued shut.  Chanisa went and bought me eye cleaner and eye drops later that day, which I begrudgingly used.  Actually, I begrudgingly laid down and let her administer them for me since I have an insane phobia of things going near my eye, which is why I don't wear contacts and have never used any form of eye drops.  Until now.  Anyway, this morning was no better so I went to the hospital and was promptly diagnosed with Conjunctivitis.  AKA Pink Eye.  Or, as Thai2English told me, dtaa daeng (ตาแดง).  So now not only do I have eye drops that I have to use every 3 hours, I also have an ointment that I have to put on my eyeballs before I go to sleep.

What's ironic about this is that last week I went out on Sean's boat and we ended up swinging by Koh Racha and picking up our buddy Mike (that's where he lives/works).  Well, I talked to him today and guess what... he's got it too.  So he's coming to Phuket tomorrow to go to the hospital, and then we'll quarantine ourselves for a few days.

Oh, and I neglected to mention in a previous post that right before I did my Penang trip I came down with a throat infection which lasted about 5 days and felt like I was swallowing razor blades.

Good times.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)