Subscribe

Crippled Again!

Posted by Garth on Thursday, December 4, 2008

I must be the clumsiest man alive. Two nights ago I twisted my ankle... again. Same one. And it's now big and swollen and I'm in the same state I was 5 months ago.  Wearing tensor bandage and hobbling around.  Luckily it's not quite as bad as last time in that I can put a little weight on it.  Also a good thing since I've lost my crutches at some point in the last 5 months.

How did I do it, you might ask?  Hmm... I should really make up a good story here.  But alas, all I have is the truth.  I was at a bar, a little drunk, and stepped off the curb onto what appeared to be flat ground, but was, in reality, a divet or hole of sorts, which my foot proceeded to enter, thus causing me to anticipate where the ground was going to be prematurely and putting too much weight down too soon.  And twisting my ankle in exactly the same spot I did before.

I didn't bother going to the hospital this time since I had both my tensor bandage and painkillers left over from before, and also cuz I've been to the hospital more here than I ever have in Canada.  I hate being crippled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst part about getting injured again is that it is really going to cut into your Muay Thai training time! I mean how can you hit the guy twice a day with a bad ankle

Anonymous said...

You should've just bought new crutches...There is very little doubt in my mind that at some point you will be needing them again given your propensity to injure yourself.

Who knows when the next time you will be faced with the deadly task of walking again.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)