Subscribe

Goodbye Couch

Posted by Garth on Thursday, July 31, 2008

For those of you that hung out at my place in Toronto, you are inevitably familiar with the couch. And some of you may even be familiar with the ordeal it was to get it into the condo (I almost typed "my" condo, but that's not really the case anymore). But for those of you that don't know the story here it is.

The movers brought the couch up in the moving elevator (into which it just barely fit). They had a helluva time getting it out of the elevator into the hallway, and when it got to my unit it just wouldn't fit. They removed the front door from its hinges and removed the closet doors from the front hall closet. And the managed to get it in the front door. But they could not get it around the corner from the front hall into the living room. So they gave up and actually just left it sitting in the front hall with closet doors and front door removed. I called my good friend Darren (who is more handyman-centric than I) who came over with tools in hand. We proceeded to remove the frame from the couch, and even then we scratched up the wall pretty good in the process of getting it around the corner. All in all it took the better part of an afternoon just to get the couch into the living room. It was at that point that I made the statement that if/when it was to leave the condo, it would leave in pieces. Well, since the condo officially closed on the 29th, Mike took it upon himself to see this statement to fruition. And for your viewing pleasure, I present the aftermath of his handiwork.



I probably should have had a ceremony or something, as many good times were had upon it. But alas, it was not meant to be. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)