Subscribe

Things I Learned Today

Posted by Garth on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

  1. I'm going to lose weight just walking around outside. Insta-sweat, even in the shade.
  2. I need to learn some Thai, or at least have a handy dandy translator or phrasebook or something. Currently evaluating some Windows Mobile softwares that could do the trick, at least until I get some basic knowledge.
  3. Thailand is CHEAP! 7 THB for a bottle of water which would cost at least $1 in Canada. 7 THB is about $0.22 CAD. 2 Heineken tall boys are 99 THB = $3.06 CAD. I always knew in an academic sense that Thailand was cheap, but experiencing it first hand is different.
  4. You can't buy alcohol (at least at the 7-11) between 2pm and 5pm for some strange reason. Very odd.
  5. They really like their air conditioning. Don't get me wrong, I like my A/C as much as the next guy (probably more), but indoors are COLD here. Like long sleeves and long pants cold. A little less contrast between indoors and outdoors would be nice.

1 comments:

Gillian said...

Wait... I thought you were staying in Ken's lux pad until the end of the month? Itinerary please, how else am I going to follow your whereabouts (and more importantly, report them back to Sunny, who recently re-requested the "access code" to my blog). PS: It was her birthday yesterday.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)