Subscribe

This Blog

Posted by Garth on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I've realized a few things recently.

  1. This blog is pretty self-sustaining. I post the occasional tech tidbit and that drives traffic. I get around 30 hits a day, the vast majority from tech searches on google. The few recurring visitors I get are my friends.
  2. I only have a few friends that read this. The majority of my friends are facebook junkies and can't be bothered to click an extra link to see what's going on in my life, and in fact don't really care unless they see it on facebook (Ken, that was totally directed at you, but I know you'll never read it since it's on my blog and not my facebook status).
  3. My ex-fiancee occasionally reads this and generally posts harsh, degrading comments. This is why I've enabled comment moderation. Danielle, if you're reading this, grow up and get over it. Harsh? Maybe. But so is forcing me to not voice my opinions or taper my posts for fear that one of my friends or family will receive the brunt of the verbal attacks. Not cool.

I'm turning over a new blogging leaf. I realize that, in general, no one that I don't know wants to read about my life. But, since it's a (relatively) free world and a free internet, I'm going to post what I want, when I want.

So here's the deal. This blog is soon going to turn into an online journal of sorts. I plan on doing a little world traveling in the upcoming months and I'm going to use this space to document it. I thought about setting up a new, anonymous space in the blogosphere, but really what's the point? I am dosboy. I have been for years (thanks Gillian), and I'm proud of it. I will continue to post Vista and Windows Mobile rants as my primary (only) laptop during my sojourn will be running Vista, and my phone will be WinMo. Maybe not the best decisions, but they're decisions that I can live with and that I have confidence in. After all, doesn't every computing platform have issues?

I don't know what the end result of this blog will be. I hope that it will be readable. I hope that people will enjoy the experiences I share with them. But really, at the end of the day, it's a free internet. If you don't like something, don't flame. Just don't read it. This is my space and I'll do with it as I please.

I hope that my loyal readers (all 2 of you) will enjoy the forthcoming adventure as much as I plan to.

First stop: Bacon Party
Next stop: New York
Tertiary (what a great word) stop: Bermuda
Fourth (really, what comes after tertiary?) stop: Singapore

After that: Who knows...

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)