Subscribe

Fucking Windows Mobile

Posted by Garth on Friday, March 14, 2008

I just tried to email what I consider to be a pivotal blog post from my phone. It won't send. Stuck in the Outbox. Why? I have no freaking clue. It just doesn't send. I then tried sending the same message (copy/paste) to my gmail account. Same thing... won't send. I cleared my Outbox and sent a test message to my gmail. Went through perfectly. I then queued up both of the failed messages and tried sending again. Failure. I then queued up another test message and tried sending. All three failed. So it seems that the two failed messages are preventing the test message from being sent. I can only presume that the messages are failing due to the length (as it's a somewhat long post). So, to avoid this problem I pasted the contents into a Word document on my phone and sent it to myself as an attachment. It went through fine. Problem is that it's a .docx (as opposed to a .doc file) which the Eee PC (and OpenOffice) won't read. So, the only way that I can think of, given my lack of computing power, to post that message, is to type it out manually. Or to use Mike's machine which has Office 2007 installed, though that's a bit of a cop out and not something I'm about to do at this particular point in time. I can think of no more frustrating a tech scenario that I could be presented with at 6am. Seriously... WTF?!

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)