Subscribe

Took the plunge

Posted by Garth on Friday, June 22, 2007

I did it. I dropped Rogers (for cell service anyway) and picked up Amp'd. And so far I'm pretty damn impressed. I don't really feel like going into a lot of detail right now, but suffice it to say that the speed rocks. The Q is decent (though pretty pitiful battery life - will probably get an extended). The Amp'd channels are novel. Number transfer was painless. But the best part is that Orb looks great and runs smooth at 320kbps. The detected speed in my test was 599kbps, but with that bitrate it would buffer for a second or two every couple of mins. 320kbps was bufferless.

Now, if their unlimited data claim is true, I'll be one happy camper.

Oh, and I got a Slingbox outta the deal too, but haven't even bothered looking at the box yet, let alone opening it up. Maybe this weekend. It's been a long, mentally exhausting week.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)