Subscribe

Facebook Mobile and Pocket IE continued...

Posted by Garth on Thursday, May 10, 2007

So I emailed facebook support (ya ya, email support to a service which is free... bound to be MS-level support there), and this is their response:

Hi Garth,

Please try to download a new browser onto your phone. Certain browsers, such as Internet Explorer, have experienced problems in the past with accessing Java Script sites. If you still experience problems after this change, I suggest that you take your phone into your local service provider and explaining this problem to them.

They should be able to remedy this issue from your phone's standpoint. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for contacting Facebook,


And my response to them:

Pardon me for saying so, but this is a weak response. The only free browser for windows mobile is opera mini, and its slow, clunky and java-based. From a windows mobile perspective, pocket IE is really the only choice. As i said in my original report, any other website i've used works fine, but facebook mobile does not. Personally i don't really care whether you take the time to fix this or not as i don't use facebook that much. However the fact that it doesn't work on windows mobile means i'll use it even less. And since you get your revenue from active users via ads, you are in turn bringing in less revenue from myself and all windows mobile users.

To be blunt, my original email was intended to report a bug to you that you could fix. If you don't intend to, tell me that. don't blame the platform and present ambiguous solutions.

In other words, don't expect a fix any time soon. Or any time at all. But, whatever. Just means I use facebook less. Their loss.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)