Subscribe

Image Upload Atrocities

Posted by Garth on Friday, April 27, 2007

I took the two hi-res posters from here and mashed 'em up into a 1680x1050 wallpaper. Cut the bottom off (text stuff) and blurred the middle so that it was a smoother transition between the two images. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and thought to myself "hey self! since you're blogging now you should throw this up for others to d/l". So, here it is. Enjoy.

.
.
.

UPDATE: Apparently it's not that easy. I've just tried to create a thumbnail here and add the picture, but there doesn't seem to be a facility for uploading a raw file. If I try to upload it as an image it scales it down from 1680x1050. I also tried uploading it to flickr, and it scales it down as well.

Are my blogging requirements really that out of the ordinary? Why do I keep running into stupid restrictions like this? When I choose to upload an image I'm told " You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 1024 MB". Yet it scales the size down on a 291kb jpg. I could use one of those free file hosting services, but WTF?! Why can't I do this with the combination of flickr and blogger. I'm very annoyed.

Alright, well, I'll post it here as a thumbnail, and if anyone is interested in the original 1680x1050 image either tell me how I can host it here or give me your email address and I'll email it to you. This is ridiculous. And it's making me think I should move my blog to my own hosting space so that I have control. But then I wouldn't be playing dumb user anymore, and my blogging experience will become more technical than journalistic. Bah.

.
.
.

UPDATE 2: AH HA! Did some googling and it turns out that ImageShack is the breakfast of champions for this sorta thing. Hit their site and it was the easiest upload/registration process I've ever experienced. Unbelievable. Gonna make a new post out of it for easy linking. No one wants to read this gibberish.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)