Subscribe

Overwhelmed

Posted by Garth on Friday, April 27, 2007

Since getting a laptop with Vista and Office 2007, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Lots of new Vista stuff to learn, lots of Vista crap to deal with, and lots of changes in Office 2007 (if only from a visual and where-the-hell-did-that-menu-option-go perspective). I'm very enamored with OneNote, but yesterday I discovered Google Notebook (dunno when it released, but it seems I was living under a rock or something). I think at some point I'm gonna try to do a OneNote vs. Google Notebook comparison, as I can't seem to find one on the interweb.

I'm also getting used to using a laptop as my primary computer. I really never thought the day would come, but the convenience of a laptop seems to override the ergonomic niceties of a desktop. Whoulda thunk?

I also seem to have the coding itch again, and have tricked out my laptop with Visual Studio and all the fixin's. Been talking to some peeps about coding projects, and hope to get something underway this weekend.

Did I mention that I need to learn three new OSes? Vista (relatively low learning curve), OSX (medium learning curve) and Linux (obscene learning curve).

Lots to do.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)