Subscribe

Quick Update

Posted by Garth on Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back in Phuket.  Got my ATM card yesterday.  Still can't access the proceeds from my condo sale as there's a 7-day hold on the deposited cheque, so I'll be able to get at it on Monday.  Which means that my big party plans for this weekend are going to have to wait.  But goddam was it nice to roll back into Dos Gringos.  Everyone was happy to see me.  Got a few big hugs.  Had a fun night of drinking my ass off.  All in all good times.  Not sure what's on the agenda for tonight, but on Monday I'm gonna do a little phone shopping.  Also it seems that no matter how hard I try I can't escape doing IT work.  Simon, the manager here, was having issues with his laptop and asked me for an assist, and as I was doing a few things he said to me that if I just spend an afternoon tweaking it out with software and such he'd feed me beers.  Not the most valuable exchange, especially since beers are about $1.70 each (which means my hourly rate would probably top out around $5), but whatever... it's fun to exercise my brain every once in awhile, even if the exercise is like strolling along a boardwalk.

Oh, and for some reason 7-11 stopped selling booze past midnight.  Apparently this happened while I was in Penang, though the law has been in place for years.  Which means I need to plan my evenings a little more carefully.  Ended up drinking at the bar after it had closed last night due to the inability to buy booze at 7-11, which was cool, but I don't want to make a habit of it for fear of getting anyone in trouble.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)