Subscribe

Incompetence

Posted by Garth on Friday, August 1, 2008

So my bank sent me a new ATM card. A couple of days ago I called them up to get a tracking # for it since I wanted to make sure it would arrive before I left for Penang. The first guy I talked to said it wasn't possible because the "back office" handled the shipment of cards. Anyway, I called bullshit and asked to talk to his manager. Spoke with his manager and he said that he could get the tracking #, but it would take 5 days. Fine, whatever, I figured at least if I had a tracking #, even if the card had already had an attempted delivery I'd get to see that when I was in Penang and know the status. Well, a day later I got the tracking # emailed to me. Awesome, right? WRONG. It seems my bank sent my card to Surigao Del Sur, Philippines. WTF?! I emailed them back asking if they were sure the tracking # they gave me was for my card, and if so if they could please validate the address that they shipped it to. Did I get a response? Of course not. Admittedly it was probably some back office desk jockey that emailed the info to me and who I responded to, and as anyone who's ever worked at a bank knows, if it's not your responsibility, just ignore it. Effing banks. So now the information on the tracking page is

MANILA, PH - THE RECEIVER'S ADDRESS IS INCOMPLETE. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THE ENTIRE ADDRESS AND COMPLETE THE DELIVERY.
No shit my address is incomplete. I'M NOT IN THE PHILIPPINES! Seriously, what kind of incompetence is this?

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)