Subscribe

Travel Update

Posted by Garth on Sunday, May 18, 2008

Looks like I'm going to be seeing Thailand sooner than I thought. Ken has to go there on business from Tuesday til Saturday so I'm gonna tag along and actually check out Bangkok (which I didn't really have any intention of doing originally). Then he leaves back to Toronto on the 29th, but his place here (which is pretty stellar and rents to the tune of ~$6300 CAD / month - thank god for corporate expense accounts) is paid for til the end of May, so I may stay here a couple days after he leaves. I'm sure it's by far the nicest place I'll stay in while I'm in Asia, so may as well make the most of it.

I've acquired a Singapore SIM card for my phone (# posted on Facebook in case anyone needs to reach me). I'll likely do the same in Thailand and any other country I visit unless I'm only staying for a day or two. But we'll see how it all plays out. In the meantime my body simply doesn't seem to be able to adjust to the time difference. Didn't sleep until 9am yesterday morning. Went to sleep at 6am last night / this morning, and woke up now (9am), seemingly unable to get back to sleep. Weird. At least I'm awake during the day today, but it's a holiday here tomorrow as in Canada and we're planning a pretty late night tonight (bars/clubs seem to be open til at least 3am here, 6am in a lot of cases). Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)