Subscribe

Toronto is the New Black Hole

Posted by Garth on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It used to be that Kitchener-Waterloo was the black hole in my life. Go there, get sucked in, never leave. Well it seems that Toronto has taken on that role. I can't seem to get out of here. Generally speaking, things are moving forward, just not as quickly as I'd like. Carpeting guys are here today replacing the carpet and I expect that I'll have my stuff in storage within a few days. Then it's just a matter of doing some handyman work and general touch ups before I'm able to put my place on the market. Sounds like it's rolling, right? Well, not so much. Turns out that Ken is coming back for a couple weeks right around the time that I was supposed to meet him in Singapore. So I can either go there while he's here or I can wait it out in Toronto until he goes back. I'll likely go with the latter, as it gives me an extra week or two to get my shit together here. But it also gives Toronto the new black hole designation. Hopefully I won't get delayed too badly, but this is what happens when there's other people involved in plan coordination and dependencies. Ironically I was in the 'loo this weekend (that's Waterloo for the uninitiated) and managed to get in and out in one day. Which just proves my theory that Toronto's the new black hole.

As an aside, Sasha and Digweed was a bit of a flop, as apparently Sasha didn't even show up. So we went to Footwork and had a blast, though it did kick the crap outta me and it took me a few days to recover. And since then I've been on a bit of a bender. Ah well, Asia should be a nice place for me to detox. Also I managed to get my new camera and my new Under Armour wardrobe from my sister when I was in the 'loo. I'll take/post some pics taken with my shiny new toy once I get around to acquiring a nice fat SD card for it. I think 8gb should be sufficient, but I'm eyeing the nice new 16 giggers that are out now. Mmm... 16 gigs.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess that birthday celebrations will be in Toronto this year--one more last fling in the dark hole--
send cards--

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)