Subscribe

HTC Kaiser (P4550)

Posted by Garth on Wednesday, August 15, 2007


Ok, so here's the deal. If we buy 5+ units we can get a discount. I say we because I'm looking for others to go in on this with me. I don't yet know what the actual price will be, but I'm guessing between $800-$950 CAD. Not cheap. I'm also still keeping an eye on AT&T and T-Mobile, as they may offer it for slightly less than that without contract, or considerably less with contract (which I'd obviously then have to buy out). At any rate, if anyone is interested in teaming up to try to get a discount, leave me a comment here. If I don't know you, leave an email address or some other contact info as well. Specifically this is targeting fellow Canadians, but if you live in the US and might be interested I won't discriminate. If you need specs, check out here or here.

7 comments:

Gregg said...

Man.....you know i am in on this.

Garth said...

Pete's in too, and JP might be (though it's kinda doubtful). Jude's talking about placing a bulk order with HTC (25-30 units) so I'll keep you apprised.

Michael said...

Do you have any idea of the timing? I seem to have lost my cellphone somewhere.

Garth said...

Less than 3 weeks at this point (supposedly) but release dates have a habit of slipping.

Michael said...

I just saw this in Singapore. It was S$1080 which is about 770 CAD (pre negotiation). The stats are substandard compared to this, but is this an HTC rebrand / in the same lineage?

Garth said...

Looks like the tytn, precursor to the Kaiser. The O2 is only tri-band too, which means no support in North America. And yes, very substandard compared to the Kaiser. Don't buy it.

Michael said...

Wasn't planning on it. Just wondering the history.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)