Subscribe

Amp'd Motorola Q

Posted by Garth on Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'd read a few things about it being superior to the standard Q, and I don't believe they were lies. I've just been playing with it a bit. The standard WM5 apps have, in general, been slightly improved.

  • Instead of File Explorer there's a File Manager app with Search capabilities
  • There's a Media Center app which indexes all Images, Video or Audio on your device
  • They added a Voice Recognition app (similar to what's included with WM6)
  • They added a Memory Manager so you can actually see memory usage
I also tested OBEX (pushed a CAB file to the device) and installing unsigned apps (installed that CAB file - TCPMP for anyone interested).

In addition, the Q's keyboard is far superior to the Dash. The key separation is much greater which means less likelihood of fat finger multi-button pushing.

I'm not sure if this is just my love of new (to me) tech or if I'm really liking Amp'd as much as I think I do, but I think I do. And I think it'll be fun to rock the Rogers boat a bit. Ok, so really I'm like a piece of dirt on Ted Rogers' shoe in the eyes of Rogers Co. (Mike - I need a boat analogy here) but I'll get personal satisfaction out of it.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)